Since our Missionaries are so far away from home we thought we would send a little part of our traditional Thanksgiving meals to them to let them know how thankful we are for them!
If you would like to send your Missionary your own 'So Thankful for You' Thanksgiving care package - check out this kit we put together to help you do just that!
★ This Missionary 'Thanksgiving in a Box' Kit is designed to give you a Quick and Easy way to send Your Missionary a Spiritual & Fun Care Package. The Box Flap Designs & Printables have over 41 beautifully-coordinated pieces - available now on Etsy from the Missionary Box Moms.
If your Missionary is serving outside the United States be sure to check the mailing restrictions of food items that you should not send to their temporary country.
If your box is larger than 8.5X11 (Regular Paper Size) you will need to purchase 2 pieces of scrapbook paper to go behind (Back) your MBM printables. Most of the boxes we mailed were 12X12X8 which meant the flap size was just under 12X6 so you can simply cut one piece of 12X12 scrapbook paper in half for each flap then trim to fit. You can choose any 2 pieces of scrapbook paper that you wish - but we used one piece of BoBunny cardstock in Turquoise Double Dot, one piece of BoBunny Cardstock in Poppy Dot, one piece of BoBunny cardstock in Buttercup, and one piece of Echo Park Paper Company in Pumpkin Dots and Stripes. We then printed the MBM box flap printables onto photo paper, cut them out and attached them to the box with Glue Dots for durability.
I Yam So Thankful For You!!!
Don’t forget to write down what you’re Thankful For! Missionaries always love extra mail – even when it comes inside a Box!
It would also be nice to throw in an extra card for your missionaries companion.
Shopping List Ideas
- 2 Idahoan Mashed Potato packets (4.1 oz. each)
- 2 McCormick’s Turkey Gravy Packet
- 1 Pkg. Kraft Stove Top Stuffing mix (6 oz.)
- 1 Pkg. Marie Calendar’s Original Corn Bread Mix (1lb.)
- 1 14 oz. Can Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1 15 oz. Can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 12 Fl. oz. Can Evaporated Milk
- 2 Pkgs. of 6 Keebler Ready Crust Graham Cracker Pie Crusts (4 oz.)
- 1 Pkg. instant chocolate pudding
- 1 Pkg. Instant Pudding
- 1 21 oz. Can Caramel Apple Pie Filling
- Kroger Caramel Apple Dip
- 1 pkg. Concord Foods Caramel Apple Wraps (Makes 5)
- Krusteaz Pumpkin Pie Bar Mix
- Betty Crocker Pumpkin Bar Mix
- Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- 1 McCormick Ground Cloves (.9 oz.)
- 1 McCormick Ground Ginger (.9 oz.)
- 1 McCormick Ground Cinnamon (2.37 oz.)
- Gourmet Pumpkin Spice Candy Corn (16 oz.)
Wal Mart Store
- Frito Lay Munchies Peanuts Salted individual packets
- Chap Stick Pumpkin Pie Lip Balms
- Thanksgiving Ribbon (Multiple Designs)
Hobby Lobby Crafts
- Sunny Seeds - Chocolate covered Sunflower Seed Tubes
- David’s Pumpkin Seeds individual packets
- Gum Balls in Plastic Sleeve (for Gobble Gum)
(Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.)
Dollar Tree Store
- Charms Candy Corn Pops Suckers pkg.
- 10 Note Cards w/ Envelopes ‘With Love From the Mission Field’ pack
- 10 Note Cards w/ Envelopes ‘Merry Christmas From the Mission Field’ pack (I threw in these two packs of note cards so my missionary would have some cards to write friends and family for Christmas.)
Thanksgiving Blessings Mix
Bugles: Shaped like the cornucopia, a symbol of our abundance.
Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom from those who founded our country.
Candy Corn: The sacrifice of the pilgrim’s first winter. Food was so scarce they survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
Nuts/Seeds: Promise of future harvest – only obtained if we plant and nourish with diligence and faith.
M&Ms: Memories of those who came before and lead us to a blessed future.
Hershey’s Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.
We are so Thankful for our Missionaries!!!
Print off the following Conference Talks and Stories:
· General Conference April 2007: Gratitude a Path to Happiness by Bonnie D. Parkin – former Primary General President
· Ensign September 2001: Live in Thanksgiving Daily by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
· General Conference October 1992: Remember Also the Promises by Jay E. Jensen Of the Second Quorum of the Seventy
· General Conference October 1998: Think to Thank by Thomas S. Monson First Counselor in the First Presidency